So I thought I would quickly jot some of these places down.
It should be known that these are my personal recommendations.I will endeavor to provide FourSquare location tags under each.
*Sorry about the image quality - these photos are often taken with my iPhone.
~ Meals ~
The Club Hotel Chinchilla
- If you are in this part of the world you cannot go past the food from the club hotel, particularly their steaks.
- My personal favorite the Rib Eye Fillet with Chips and Salad.
- Tip: Make sure you order it with the 'Chinchilla Sauce' - A great selection of prawns in a creamy garlic sauce.
- Reasonably priced and great quality.
The Commercial Hotel Chinchilla
- Another great Chinchilla establishment with great steaks.
- Again my pick is the Eye Fillet, but any of the steaks here are great
- Tip: Try the Chef's Dianne Sauce it is one that will truly leave your mouth watering.
- Again you can turn this into a great Surf and Turf dish with the additional of prawns (which are able to ordered as a topping) .
- Again very reasonably priced for the meal you are getting.
The Transcontinental Hotel Brisbane
- Just of Roma Street this Hotel has a great modern feel with terrific lunch and dinner specials, with reasonably priced drinks available from the bar area.
- At the time of writing this The Transcontinental was offering a $10 meal deal for lunch or dinner.
- My Pick: Either the steak or Hamburger are great choices.
- Freshly made and great welcoming staff.
~ Accommodation ~
The Hotel George Williams Brisbane
- A great hotel in the heart of the city with reasonable rates.
- Great for short trips with very good deals for meals in the in-house restaurant.
- All the rooms are very comfortable and are well appointed with a flat-screen small Tea & Coffee Facilities and Private Bathroom.
- Close to all the major areas:
- Roma Street Station
- Queen Street Mall
- Southbank is only a short walk away with access via the Kurilpa Bridge.