Every year on the 26th of January all around Australia we celebrate Australia Day.
This year being no different saw me head into town for the anual Australia Day Awards Ceremony, recognising those in our community who have made an outstanding contribution through their service and dedication. This year was also a first for me too, I got to be present to see the swearing in of two groups of brand new Australian Citizens.
Following the formalities of the day we got down to the serious business of Lammington and Meat Pie Eating Contests, Whip Cracking Competitions, Pavlova Making Competitions and of course it wouldn't be Australia day without our (least) favourite import: The Cane Toad Races.
I will hopefully have some photos to come but for now, why don't you test yourselves on Aussie Pop Culture and Trivia with the "Official" Australian Citizenship test:
Leave your answers in the comments below and we'll see ho you've gone, Enjoy!
1. What is a "bloody little beauty"?
2. Are these terms related: chuck a sickie; chuck a spaz; chuck a U-ey?
3. Explain the following passage: 'In the arvo last Chrissy the relos
rocked up for a barbie, some bevvies and a few snags. After a bit of a
Bex and a lie down we opened the pressies, scoffed all the chockies,
bickies and lollies. Then we drained a few tinnies and Mum did her block
after Dad and Steve had a barney and a bit of biffo.'
4.Complete the following sentences:
a) 'If the van's rockin' don't bother ?
b) You're going home in the back of a ?
c) Fair crack of the ?
5. Is there someone you are only mates with because they own a trailer or have a pool?
6. What are the ingredients in a rissole?
7. Demonstrate (or Describe) the correct procedure for eating a Tim Tam.
8. In any two-hour period have you ever eaten three-bean salad, a
chop and two serves of pav washed down with someone else's beer that has
been flogged from a bath full of ice?
9. When you go to a bring- your-own-meat barbie can you eat other people's meat or are you only allowed to eat your own?
10. What purple root vegetable beginning with the letter 'b' is required by law to be included in a hamburger with the lot?
11. Define the following: Victa, thongs, Esky & Ugg boots?
12. Who is the most Australian: John 'The Voice' Farnham, John 'True Blue' Williamson, Kylie Minogue or Warnie?